New or Prospective Bus Drivers
- Prospective bus drivers are required to participate in an eight hour initial training course.
- Must be employed by a bus company or school district.
- District will register prospective driver and submit payment of $10.00 to ROE #54.
- Driver data will not be entered into the state system until the training course is completed and payment is received by ROE #54.
- In accordance with Public Act 88-612, all school bus drivers are required to complete a two hour annual refresher safety course before their school bus driver permit can be renewed.
- Registration fee is $10.00 per person
- Districts or bus company will be mailed a diploma showing completion of the course.
- Driver data will not be entered into the state system until course is completed and payment is received by ROE #54.
Bus Driver Training Schedule
- Saturday, Jan. 21, 2017 at First Student Bus Garage, 827 Cleveland, Danville #118. 8 am – 4 pm.
- Saturday, March 4, 2017 at Hoopeston #11. 8 am – 5 pm.
- Saturday, April 8, 2017 at TBA. 8 am – 5 pm.